Whether you’re preparing to sell, have just got the keys to a new property or want to turn your house into your dream home, there are plenty of improvement projects you can undertake to achieve every goal. Are one of these on your list?
Increasing the value of your home
According to research from Confused.com, one in five homeowners renovate their properties with the sole purpose of adding value. The most effective ways to boost the sale price is with conversions and extensions, although total redecoration can also achieve up to a 10% uplift in value.
If you are looking to get the best return on your investment, then further research from Post Office Money claims that renovation projects, new kitchens and garden landscaping - costing an average of £14,015 - can add £40,000 to the value of your home.
Putting your own stamp on a property
If you’ve recently moved house or are just about to, then it’s likely you’ll want to add some personal touches to your property. Depending on which you believe, various studies claim that homeowners spend over £13,000 on their new property in the first 12 years, or £10,000 over the first five years.
Whatever category you are likely to fall into or are planning to spend, the most common home improvement tasks include painting and decorating, buying new furniture and accessories, laying new flooring and gardening.
Creating your forever home
In the last year alone - and partly thanks to three national lockdowns - Brits have spent an average of £4,035 on getting their property up to scratch, with almost two-thirds inspired by spending more time at home.
Following the pandemic, the likes of home offices, enjoyable outside space and gyms are top of the wish list. But even before we were forced to stare at our four walls for much longer than anticipated, 62% of us felt some kind of improvement was needed to perfect our homes.
Best suppliers in Chichester & Bognor Regis
What project you choose to do first will largely depend on your motivation, budget and location. Thankfully, there are some great independent suppliers in Chichester, Bognor Regis and the surrounding areas, with White & Brooks big fans of the ‘support local’ ethos. Our top 10 list of professionals and stores is not exhaustive but it gives you a good place to start:
- Thru the Looking Glass – luxurious furniture and interior design services
- Stonehurst Properties – small- and large-scale build and renovation projects from extensions and conversions to kitchens and bathrooms
- GPR Painting & Decorating Services – decorating services for inside and out
- Oyster Removals – trusted and comprehensive removal services
- Aldwick Electrical Services – lighting, heating and home tech upgrades, as well as complete rewiring and supply
- On Track Groundwork Services – complete landscaping and resurfacing projects
- 1st Choice Improvements – a range of services from fencing, redecoration, kitchen and bathroom remodels
- Russells Garden Centre – for all your garden sundries, furniture and BBQ needs
- Sargeant Carpets– flooring suppliers and fitters, as well fitters of artificial grass
- Julz Interiors – Bognor Regis’s best haunt for upcycled and brand new homewares
If you’re considering selling and want to understand what home improvements would add the most value to your property in and around Chichester and Bognor Regis, call White & Brooks’s expert appraisal team today.